Weston & Mendip Advanced Motorists collect and use personal information about its members, which may be stored on paper, computer, or recorded on other material. The General Data Protection Regulation describes safeguards to ensure that this information is collected and used appropriately, requiring that personal information is:
- Processed fairly and lawfully.
- Obtained and processed only for specified and lawful purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Not kept for longer than is necessary.
- Processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act.
- Not transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Personal Information about our members is stored:
- On paper via Skill for Life enrolment forms which are kept until the member resigns.
- On paper via membership renewal forms which are kept until membership is further renewed, or until the member resigns.
- Electronically in a database and back-up media.
Personal Information Stored On Website
Limited personal information is stored on this website and is there purely to enable members to login to the member's area.
Release of personal information
- Weston & Mendip publishes a list of its membership internally to committee members only.
- Unless prior permission has been received in writing, this information is not passed to third parties, or to other members, either electronically or via printed lists.
- Committee members may be asked if any of our members have specific skills (e.g. members who are ADIs). If any member is happy for their name, address & telephone number to be given to third parties, please contact the Membership Secretary in writing.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive. Like many sites, we use "third party cookies" to collect information.
Google Analytics Cookies
Refusing or Deleting Cookies
You may refuse or delete cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse or delete the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
You may opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site - for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.